WeChat is a popular free messaging service, providing you with a convenient solution for sending and receiving mobile messages even while you’re at a computer.
WeChat For PC
WeChat For PC is multi-functional, going beyond file sharing and messaging to give you the power of sending your latest selfies and pictures.
WeChat brings you a cost-effective messaging service. You’ll never need to pay airtime for messages as long as you sign up for an account using your mobile phone number.
In one quick sync, you can see who’s already using it from your contacts. WeChat is excellent for sending files between friends and workgroups but doesn’t support video or audio files.
WeChat is available on PC as well, giving further use to the file-sharing option as you’re able to share any file type. It looks and feels the same on PC as the mobile version, meaning you don’t get confused with how to use it. To use the service on a PC, you need to have the mobile app accompanying it.
Syncing mobile and computer applications are easy. The computer version will display a QR code that you need to scan on your mobile device. But once synced, you’ll be able to connect with the contacts available on your phone.
WeChat is multi-functional, going beyond file sharing and messaging to give you the power of sending your latest selfies and pictures or expressing yourself with emojis.
If you don’t have the space to install the desktop version or if you’re using a public PC, you can use a browser client and log in.
Features and Highlights Of WeChat For PC
Instantly share your images and documents with other WeChatters straight from your computer. Your friends can receive files whether they’re on their mobile device or tuned in via the desktop program.
Sometimes it’s easier to explain something with a screenshot, whether for work, school, or fun. Screenshot Tool allows you to capture and send an image of your screen with visual call-outs, using additional shapes and texts.
Group Chat Mentions
The group chats mention feature makes it easy to grab someone’s attention when so much is going on. When you mention someone in a group chat, that user will receive a special notification so s/he won’t miss your message.
“We know that typos aren’t limited to the smartphone, so we’ve enabled the Message Recall feature on PC application as well. Please note that only the most recent message sent within the last 2 minutes can be unsent.”
With WeChat for Windows, you can also forward messages and view Sights sent from your contacts. “And because your conversations are private, we’ve made sure that the interactions on the desktop version are only preserved on your mobile device.” So when you log off your PC, you can still view the messages on your phone.
Here’s how to download and install WeChat For PC
- Find an Android emulator :- Let’s start with your Windows PC booted up and ready. Open your web browser and go to BlueStacks official website. If you are not a fan of BlueStacks, you can try the Android emulator called Nox App Player.
- Download emulator :- As soon as you find their respective official installer, download and get a copy. You can use the download button below for quick access. The download should take a few minutes, depending on your internet connection speed. To accelerate the download speed, use the Internet Download Manager app. You can also hide your internet activity if you want using the Psiphon VPN for PC.
- Run installer :- After the download finishes, run the installer and choose a folder where you want the Android emulator installed.
- Launch emulator :- Once done with the installation, find the icon shortcut on your main desktop— double-click on it to launch the emulator.
- Go to Play Store and login :- Since this is your first time running the app, you will see a short introduction and some instructions on how to operate the emulator.
After the introduction and instruction are over, you will be directed to the main familiar Android interface. Just look for the Play Store and tap on it to open.
Again, since this is your first time launching the Play Store app, you will need to enter your Google account. Or you can create a new one if you want to start over.
- Search for WeChat and install :- When you are done logging in, you will be greeted with the Play Store’s list of downloadable apps and games.
Search for the WeChat app and install.
- You’re all set! :- There you go. You are now ready to use WeChat on your PC.
Where can you run this program?
WeChat is available for all mobile devices that operate on Android or iOS and has desktop versions for Windows and Mac. There’s also a browser-based client available.
Is there a better alternative?
There are alternatives such as Line and WhatsApp, but you need to find out which one your contacts are using when it comes to free messaging services.
WeChat is a great app for messaging and file sharing, especially since it can be synced with a desktop version of itself, letting you share entire photo albums in one compressed folder.
Should you download it?
Yes, if you’re looking for a convenient file sharing method, this application is perfect for you. Being able to sync it with your computer only makes it a better app.
- Easy to use
- Powerful file transfer tool
- Excellent screenshots
- No audio support
- No video support
- Limited number of friends
WeChat For PC v3.3.0 Latest
WeChat For PC v3.3.0 Latest