If you use FaceTime a lot but don’t want to hold the phone the whole time, using your Mac for the monitor will make things easier.
Apple facetime is a great way to communicate with friends and family. It’s even more powerful when you use it on your Mac computer! Apple facetime allows you to make video calls, send messages, share your screen, and much more.
In this blog post, we will show you how to set up facetime on your Mac so that you can take full advantage of its features.
How to use FaceTime on a Mac?
- Launch FaceTime on your Mac. You can find it by going to Finder > Applications > FaceTime.
- If you haven’t already, sign in with your Apple ID. Then press the button that says “Next.”
- You need to sign in with your Apple ID and password. Then you can pick who to call on FaceTime by typing their name, phone number, or email address into the gray bar at the top of the screen. Press return when you are done typing.
- If you want to call someone using only your voice, click the “Audio” button. If you’re going to use video, click the “Video” button. To end the facetime call, press the red X in the middle of your screen.
How To Make A Group Call?
- Launch FaceTime on your Mac by going to Finder > Applications and then clicking on it.
- If you sign in with your Apple ID, then you can call other people. Press the Return key on your keyboard after you select them.
- Once you selected all the participants, click on the Audio button or Video button to call them.
How To Add A Contact During Group Call?
To add a caller to a FaceTime call, find the sidebar icon during the call. You can click on it.
Type in the name, phone number, or email address of a person who wants to join the call and click “Add” at the bottom. You can add up to 32 people on FaceTime audio or video calls.
Features Of Facetime
Many facetime features will make your calls more enjoyable and productive.
- Sharing screens- If you want to share your screen during a facetime call, click the “Share Screen” button at the bottom of the FaceTime window.
- Family Sharing- You can stream movies with family members for free through Apple TV, but only if they are on the Family Sharing plan.
- Group Messaging- Group messaging is a great way to stay in touch with friends or coworkers while you’re not together. It’s straightforward too! Just go to Settings > Messages > Audio/Video Call and turn it on by clicking “Audio Calls” or “Video Calls.” Click on all the people included in this group message and then press Done when finished choosing them.
I hope this blog post has helped you learn how to use facetime on a mac computer.
Now that you’ve got a basic idea of what facetime is, go ahead and set it up on your Mac or iPhone to enjoy its features.